Friday, May 02, 2008

Keepin it Together.

I managed to make it all the way home after my event in St. Louis last Friday night. Needless to say, I was some kinda exhausted when I finally made it to the house around 3am.

It was good to be home though.

Normally I have a very hard time being productive while I'm at home, but this time around, I really didn't have a choice. I had a shit ton of stuff to do and not very much time in which to do it. I only slept for 8 hours that first night home, which is a pretty far cry from my typical habit of spending the whole first day at home in the safety of my bed.

Anywho, I did manage to squeeze in some quality time with my roommates. Helen and Brett and I went down to the Dickson Street Music Festival to catch Michael Franti & Spearhead. It was an awesome show and well-worth the time and money. Plus, we ate some killer corn dogs and a funnel cake. I also took the cutest picture of Brett and Helen of all time:

Of course, there was plenty of incredible dancing to go around, but Brett was kind enough to show us how it's done:



After Franti, we headed over to George's to see Blind Melon. We waited in line for a billion years, then we stood around inside for another billion years all for a show that turned out to be "just okay." Oh well. It was late and we were getting tired, like old people, so we went home to hang out with Pip. I forgot what Brett was trying to tell Pip in this picture, but it must have been something good:


I was super proud of myself for getting a lot done in my four days at home. Granted, I didn't do everything I needed to, but that's alright. I just had to take a few things off the "to-do" list and move them to the "to-do later" list. I completed an epic drive down here to Florida and now I've got to go get a few things ready for the weekend, which is going to be incredible.

And ... I'm out.

2 comments:

Brett Robinson said...

I was telling him about the guy who wanted to kick my ass. But then I got sidetracked and started talking about my fish sticks being hard as tits.

Anonymous said...

maybe your story would be better if you talked about crapping.

yeah.