Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Gator Wrasslin!

I had a long exhausting weekend last weekend, and next weekend is going to be long and exhausting too, so I decided I'd better take today off and go paddle with my friends. So Jeremy, Casey, and I loaded up on sandwiches, Cheez-Its, and beer and paddled out to the Gulf:


Yes, that is an alligator following Casey. His name is Phil. Yes, those are water wings on my arms. Safety first. Yes, that is a floating cooler and it's awesome.

We paddled up this creek until we got to a beach that led over to the Gulf. So we landed our boats and hung out on the beach for a little while. You could really only reach this beach by boat, so we pretty much had the whole place to ourselves.

I'm all set.

Classic.

By the time we paddled back, we had decided that some ice cream from Marble Slab was in order. After eating delicious ice cream, we headed home. Apparently we didn't get enough time in the water earlier, so we hung out in the pool for a little while. Aspen, the resident dog, was pretty stoked to be kickin with us until Jeremy and Phil harassed him and scared him:

Anyway, it was nice to get out and paddle and play in the water before it's time to get back to work. Sorry I don't have any great stories. I figured the pictures would be good enough.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that guy naked?

kw said...

Your life is kinda sweet, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

That guy IS naked. WTF?

IronGambit said...

the guy in the background has a nice hat.

Anonymous said...

must be nice. i hope you emailed your mother today. she wouldnt talk to me.. hehe